- HSE is the acronym for Health, Safety and Environment.
- HSE has become very important in all spheres of human endeavors because of the realization of their importance in the protection of lives, properties and the environment.
- It is therefore necessary that all persons irrespective of the type of work or activity engaged in have basic knowledge of HSE.
- To engender HSE awareness and practices, Companies now have HSE policies
- These are statement of principle which defines the style in which the company aims to conduct its business in relation to HSE.
- HSE policies provide means by which company management communicate its intentions and expectations on the application of HSE within the company.
The objectives of HSE are:
- To have an HSE performance we can be proud of.
- To earn the confidence of customers and shareholders and the society
- To contribute to sustainable development